If you decide to book Generation Events and Karaoke Etc. for your event, we will refer you to www.generationeventsglos.co.uk to complete a Booking Form.
The Booking Form will incorporate our Terms and Conditions and by submitting the Booking Form you will be agreeing to abide by our Terms and Conditions as follows:-
1. In these Terms and Conditions you are hereinafter referred to as the Customer, and Generation Discos and other services is hereinafter called the Disco. The Customer engages the Disco, and the Disco accepts the engagement to appear at the venue on the date and at the times and for the fee as shown in the Booking Form subject to these Terms and Conditions.
2. A non-refundable Deposit of the amount specified in the booking form, must be paid online with the completed booking form within 14 days of the provisional booking being made. Balance to be paid before start of the event.
3. The balance of the Deposit, as specified on the Booking Form, should be paid via bank transfer, or cash
4. The total fee quoted is in respect of a performance during the times specified in the Booking Form. If the Customer requests that the performance time be extended, then the additional period and fee must be negotiated with staff provided by the Disco, and paid in cash prior to the start of the performance extension.
5. Cancellation of a booking being advised in writing, or by phone 12 months or more before the event date will result in loss of booking fee only, if you cancel an event with less that 6 months until the booking, you will only be entitled to a 50% refund of any monies paid (minus booking fee.) if you cancel within less than 3 month until your booking, no refund will be given for any monies paid. When a booking has been formally cancelled, and that cancellation has been accepted by both parties, the Customer forfeits any rights to use the services of the Disco or other services on that date, irrespective of booking fees paid.
6. Unfortunately should you have to cancel your booking the following charges will apply :
Within 4 weeks of the event – 50% of the total.
Within 2 weeks of the event – 100% of the total.
7. The Customer must ensure that the Disc Jockey has access to two 13 amp 240 volt sockets. The working position must not obstruct any emergency exit route, and must allow enough space for the Disc Jockey to operate in comfort and safety.
8. The Disco will supply sufficient music to suit the occasion; adequate equipment for playing and amplifying recorded music; lighting and other effects to suit the occasion and venue; a Disc Jockey and where deemed necessary an assistant.
9. The Customer is responsible for the behaviour of his / her clients or guests, and for safeguarding the Disc Jockey and equipment against theft, damage or other risks, from the moment of arrival to the moment of final departure. Please note any loss of or damage to equipment, other than that caused by fair wear and tear, will be charged to customer
10. The Disco can not be held responsible for the way some people may be affected by strobe lighting or any other lighting, sound or haze effect that may be used. The Customer must advise the Disc Jockey prior to the start of the performance if any effect should be avoided.
11. The Disc Jockey provided will either be an employee of Generation Discos, or a self employed Disc Jockey working exclusively for Generation Discos.
12. The Disc Jockey shall be deemed to be under the direction and control of the Customer, and shall be regarded as a servant or agent of the Customer, and the Customer shall be responsible for any claims arising from placement or operation of the equipment.
13. Generation Discos will take the booking details, and make a provisional booking entry in the diary. We will then request the customer go online and complete a booking form with the booking fee within 14 days. We will not take another booking for the event date, during the 14 day period. In the event that we can accommodate a short notice booking (i.e. less than 14 days), payment is required in full before start of event.
14. The Disco is regularly serviced and maintained in the rare event of any equipment failure, an on site repair will be attempted. If however there is an irreparable breakdown in lighting or sound a partial refund may be given. (This is dependant on the remaining performance time).
15. Requirements by the venue management, over-ride the client and Generation Discos, i.e. if we are instructed to lower the volume, or to stop playing by the venue management, this instruction will be followed. Most commercial venues have an entertainment license cut off time, which must always be observed. If the event is interrupted by the police or local council, then we will follow any advice or instructions given by them (including stopping the event). There will be no refunds given under these circumstances for early finishing.
16. The Disco shall be entitled to terminate this contract without liability if for any reason beyond its control the Disc Jockey is unable to perform, due to fire or theft of equipment, illness, hazardous driving conditions or breakdown of vehicle.(such as major car crash on the way to the disco), Generation Discos will use all reasonable endeavours to locate a replacement Disc Jockey, but, in the unlikely event of a non performance all booking fees will be refunded, but this will be the limit of our liability to you. Generation Discos has never failed to provide a disco. Generation Discos will always aim to provide you with your event, to the best of their ability. If the event lasts less than 25% of the agreed playing time or does not take place at all, then Generation Discos will refund all monies paid, plus a maximum of 25% of the booking fee as compensation. If more than 25% of playing time has been achieved, then a refund will be made on a pro-rata basis. If the start of the event is delayed up to 30mins due to Generation Discos, liability is limited to providing the client with additional playing time equal to the delayed start time. If the delay is over 30mins of playing time, then a refund will be issued on a pro-rata basis. All refunds will be issued via a PAYPAL within 14 days of being notified who to pay. This is the full limit of liability on Generation Discos.
17. If Generation Discos cannot start the setup by the agreed setup start time, due to the client or the venue not being ready (this can be due to the venue being locked, or a previous event has over-run, or the client’s plans are running behind schedule etc), then Generation Discos will quietly wait and prepare as much as is practical, until such time as the client or venue is ready. We will work with the venue and the client to then set up as quickly as we can, and to start playing as soon as we can. Under these circumstances Generation Discos and Karaoke has no obligation to play later or to refund any money.
18. The client accepts full responsibility for any damages or injures or delays that occur as a result of failure to comply with these provisions. In the event of circumstances deemed by the DJ to present a real or implied threat of injury or harm to Generation Discos and Karaoke staff, equipment, and or any other person, then we reserve the right to cease playing until such time that the client resolves the threatening situation. Generation Discos further reserves the right to deny any guest access to recordings, equipment and access to the area behind the disco at any time. if damage is caused deliberately by the client, or any person attending the event, Generation Discos reserves the right to charge the customer for the full cost of repair or replacement of the equipment.
The client will:-
(1) Take reasonable steps at all times to protect Generation Discos equipment and personnel. If crowd control is required then this has to be provided by the venue or client. Also to provide suitably qualified door staff at events where needed.
(2) Provide a shelter that completely covers and Generation Discos equipment from adverse weather conditions when playing outdoors.
(3) Has a valid PPL (Public Performance License) if the event is a commercial, business or public event, and is being held in a commercial venue.
(4) The Customer will be responsible for obtaining all necessary licenses and permissions relating to the performance at the event.
In addition to the above, the following Terms and Conditions will be incorporated into the Terms and Conditions for Children’s Parties:-
1. The Customer will provide adequate adult supervision of the children attending the Event.
2. The supervising adults will provide the DJ with assistance in the organisation of the children during any games played at the Event.
3. The supervising adults will ensure that the Children do not interfere with the disco equipment or prevent the DJ from performing his duties of playing music and organising games (if required).
4. Any breach of these conditions may result in the DJ ceasing performance before the allotted time without recompense to the Customer.
Dancing Disco Dome – Terms and Conditions
It is the responsibility of the person who is hiring DANCING DISCO DOME to ensure that all possible steps are taken to avoid injury or damage to the Inflatable.
Please ensure that the following Safety Instructions are followed:
1/ The Dancing Disco Dome remains the property of Generation Events Gloucestershire at all times
2/ No food or drinks or chewing gum to be allowed on or near the Dancing Disco Dome which will avoid choking and mess (Please note if the Inflatable is collected in a dirty condition then the person hiring it will incur a cleaning charge)
3/ All shoes, glasses, jewellery, badges MUST be removed before using the Dancing Disco Dome.
4/ No face paints, party poppers, coloured streamers or silly string to be used either on or near the Dancing Disco Dome.
5/ No smoking or barbeques near the Dancing Disco Dome.
6/ Climbing, hanging or sitting on walls is DANGEROUS and must not be allowed.
7/ A responsible Adult must supervise the Dancing Disco Dome at all times.
8/ Always ensure that the Dancing Disco Dome is not overcrowded, and limit numbers according to the age and size of Children using it. Try to avoid large and small Children from using it at the same time.
9/ Children Are not pushing, colliding, fighting or behaving in a manner likely to injure or cause distress to others.
10/ No pets, toys or sharp instruments.
11/ If the Dancing Disco Dome is not being used for any part of the day, please switch the blower off at the mains.
12/ Do not allow anyone to bounce on the front safety step as a Child could easily bounce off the inflatable and get hurt. The step is there to assist users in getting on or off!
13/ Ensure that no-one with a history of back or neck problems is allowed on the Dancing Disco Dome as indeed any Child who is feeling unwell.
14/ Do not allow anyone to be on the Dancing Disco Dome during inflation or deflation as this is DANGEROUS.
15/ No pets, toys or sharp instruments to be allowed on or near the Dancing Disco Dome.
16/ Please ensure that Children are not attempting somersaults and are clothed appropriately and that nothing can fall out of their pockets.
17/ Ensure that an area of 6 feet (2 metres) around the unit is completely clear
18/ The Dancing Disco Dome should not be used if it becomes wet on the jumping area. If no shower cover is fitted and in the event of rain, the unit should not
19/ In the event of heavy rain , it is strongly recommended that the Dancing Disco Dome be switched off. Any wetness, including bubbling (which is normal) can be dried with a towel.
20/ In the event that the blower stops working, please ensure all users get off the inflatable immediately. The blower has a safety reset button, try pressing this, also check the fuses and make sure the blower tube or deflation tube has not come undone or something has not blown onto and is obstructing the blower. In the event that it overheats, or loses power, switch the blower off at the mains, then switch it back on again 1 or 2 minutes later, and it should restart. If it does not, inform us straight away.
Sweet carts – Terms and Conditions
All orders accepted by Generation Events Gloucestershire are subject to these terms and conditions of sale.
All descriptions and illustrations are only intended to give a general idea of the products; specifications may vary slightly due to availability.
A 25% (of your total order) non-refundable deposit is payable upon booking to secure your date and the outstanding balance is due 2 weeks prior to your event.
We will deliver and collect the sweet cart within a 20 mile radius of Gloucester outside of this will incur a further charge of 40p per mile. Customers should be aware that plastic bags and sweet wrappers can cause choking especially to young children. We recommend that very young children are supervised at all times as Generation Events Gloucestershire cannot be held responsible for any safety issues which may occur from the consumption of our confectionary or the use of our equipment at your event.
Unfortunately should you have to cancel your booking the following charges will apply :
Within 4 weeks of the event – 50% of the total.
Within 2 weeks of the event – 100% of the total.
We welcome samples meeting which allows you to see our items first hand, we also welcome you to see or try samples of sweets available when you book with Generation Events Gloucestershire. Samples meetings are arranged by request only.
A £50 breakage deposit is required when paying the final balance this will be refunded within 1 week of the event subject to there being no damage or loss to the Sweet Cart
Glass Hire Agreement/ Breakage Charge:
All glassware that is delivered to your event by Generation Events Gloucestershire will be collected by us at an arranged date and time after the event.
If you are hiring on behalf of a business or organisation you confirm that you have the necessary authority to enter into this contract on behalf of that business or organisation, and that you will indemnify us against all losses and expense which may be incurred if this is not the case.
You will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the glassware is not damaged or misused during the period of the hire. This includes ensuring that the glassware can safely be used with any other items which you use.
You shall not sell or attempt to sell or otherwise dispose of the glassware.
You shall reimburse us for all costs in connection with replacing glassware that is not returned in good condition, pay us the full retail cost of any glassware which is lost stolen or damage beyond economic repair, and insure the glassware against such liability.
It is your responsibility to ensure that the hired items are covered by that of your own insurance or the venues insurance, with regards to public liability risks. Generation Events Gloucestershire will not be liable for any claims made by any persons for injuries or damages caused by or in conjunction with the hired items, including our fitting service.
All Sweet Carts, Cake Carts and Candy tables are delivered and set up by Generation Events Gloucestershire, on a date and time specified by the client. Our estimated time for delivery will be stated in the order quote or invoice. We hope to deliver these estimates but occasionally delays will occur, despite our best efforts. We will not be liable for any delay or failure to deliver within such estimated timescales
We have many sweets from many different manufactures. It is with regret we are unable to assure you that the products that we supply will not have traces of nuts.
As the making of sweets may involve using the same production line for products with or without nuts we cannot guarantee traces of nuts will not be present in ANY sweet.
Please bare this is mind if you suffer from other forms of allergies.
If you do require any specific information about a certain product then please contact us and we will do our best to answer and queries that you may have.
Any failure by us to enforce any or all of our terms and conditions shall not or be interpreted as a waiver of any of our rights.
Photo booths – Terms and Conditions of Hire
The Provider : Generation Events Gloucester LTD.
The Customer : The person booking a Photobooth for their event.
The following contract and its terms will set an agreement between the provider and the customer for the hire of the photo booth.
This written contract sets forth the full, written intention of both parties and supersedes all other written and/or oral agreements between the parties.
Provider agrees to have a photobooth operational for a minimum of 80% during the hire period; operations may need to be interrupted for maintenance of the photobooth.
The price quoted on our website and advertising assumes that the hire period finishes by midnight at the latest. We are happy to work beyond midnight but impose a supplementary charge of £50 per hour or part thereof, post midnight.
A £50.00 deposit is required at the time of booking a photo booth, the remaining balance is due 7 days prior to your event.
If the Customer uses the equipment for a time period in excess of the service period agreed, the additional rental time will be billed to the customer at the following rates: £100 per hour or part thereof. This rises to £150 per hour or part thereof if the extension time goes beyond midnight.
Payment for any additional hire time must be paid before the additional hours are provided.
Access, Space & Power Supply
The Customer will arrange for an appropriate space for the photobooth at event’s venue. (8ft x 5ft wide x 7ft high).
The Customer is responsible for providing power for the photobooth.
The Customer will agree with Generation Events Glos Ltd. head office staff a time for the agreed operational hire period to begin, and this will be agreed and confirmed in writing to head office staff by email AT LEAST 48 hours prior to the date of the event.
The Customer will arrange for the staff to have access to the set up site of the photobooth at least 1 hour and 30 minutes prior to the agreed time for start of operational hire and the set up site will be cleared ready for assembly to begin in a safe manner.
If the staff are unable to gain access in this timeframe due to an over run by the venue, or by lack of communication between the venue and the customer, this will eat into the agreed operational hire time and will result in the operational hire time being shortened accordingly.
If the staff cause the operational hire time to be delayed for any reason, they will honour the agreed operational hire period and work later to ensure the full hire time is completed before they perform the photobooth shutdown procedure.
Date Changes & Cancellations
Any request for a date change must be made in writing, by the Customer, at least thirty days in advance of the original event date. Change is subject to photo booth availability and receipt of a new booking contract. If there is no availability for the alternate date, the deposit shall be forfeited and event cancelled. Any cancellation will forfeit any deposit payment made.
In the event that the Customer cancels the event without prior request to the Provider, or within thirty days (inclusive) of the original event date, the Customer agrees that they are liable for the full payment of the invoice.
Your deposit is non-refundable however we will move your hire date if required.
Damage to Provider’s Equipment & Staff Safety
The Customer acknowledges that they shall be responsible for any damage or loss to the Provider’s Equipment caused by any misuse of the Provider’s Equipment by the Customer or it’s guests.
If at any time Customer or guests behave in a manner that the staff deem to be threatening or dangerous towards themselves or the Provider’s Equipment they have the right to cease the hire with immediate effect and remove the Provider’s Equipment.
The Customer agrees to, and understands the following:
a) The Customer will indemnify provider against any and all liability related to Customer’s event during or after Customer’s event. Customer will indemnify Provider from the time of service and on into the future, against any liability associated with Customer.
b) The Customer will indemnify provider against any and all liability associated with the use of pictures taken within the photobooth, its representatives, employees or affiliates at Customer’s event.
c) The video messaging, Facebook upload, Marryoke, Karaoke and props are an addition to the photobooth hire and if for any reason the additions are not working or unavailable the customer is only entitled to a refund of the amount paid per addition and accepts this. If the additions are provided free of charge as part of a special offer, there is no refund in this situation.
d) In the unlikely event of your digital images being corrupt, lost or stolen the Provider will compensate up to the total value of £100.
The Customer agrees to, and understands the following:
All guests using the photo booth hereby give to the Provider the right and permission to copyright and use, photographic portraits or pictures of any photo booth user who may be included intact or in part, made through any and all media now or hereafter known for illustration, art, promotion, advertising, trade, or any other purpose. In addition I, hereby release, discharge and agree to save harmless Generation Events Gloucestershire Limited, from any liability, that may occur or be produced in the taking of said picture or in any subsequent processing thereof, as well as any publication thereof, including without limitation any claims for libel or invasion of privacy.
If any provision of these terms shall be unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable under Contract Law, then that provision, or portion thereof, shall be deemed separate from the rest of this contract and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions, or portions thereof. This is the entire agreement between Provider and Customer relating to the subject matter herein and shall not be modified except in writing, signed by both parties. In the event of a conflict between parties, Customer agrees to solve any arguments via arbitration. In the event Provider is unable to supply a working photo booth for at least 80% of the Service Period, Customer shall be refunded a prorated amount based on the amount of service received. If the printer fails to print out photos on site the Provider will be allowed to give a web site to the customer where their guests can log onto and order prints free of charge with free postage.
If no service is received, the Provider’s maximum liability will be the return of all payments received from Customer.
Provider is not responsible for any consequential damages or lost opportunities upon breach of this agreement.